Hip Hop FinFest 2022: Student Song Competition & Concert
Pockets Change builds intergenerational financial resilience through Hip Hop education. Our programs are community cyphers where everyone is a learner and a leader. Making change starts with talking about money together.
Join FinFest 2022: Wants are Needs Too!
We’re excited to announce that we’re partnering with FPP, Hip Hop Education Center, Morphing Minds, Spondulics, and Prezi for this year’s student song competition and live streaming concert.
Middle and High School Students are invited to explore online challenges that build financial skills and then use their knowledge to write, perform and submit an original song.
Winning songs will be featured during this summer’s virtual concert live on Spondulics.org on November 17th, 2022.
Get Started with Lessons to Inspire Money Songs
How to Enter to Win for Middle & High School Student Song Competition
Check out the Asking for Friend Webcomic below to get all the details about this year’s student song competition and virtual concert for learners of all ages. Let’s find our rhythm with finance together!
Student Song Rules & Regulations
- Must be between 12–18 years old to submit.
- Must be a resident of the United States, Canada, US Virgin Islands
- Must use content from at least one of the financial literacy lessons provided.
- Must choose a beat provided by the competition.
- Song must include a minimum of 16 bars and a chorus.
- Song length cannot exceed 4 minutes.
- Must submit video performance — NO audio-only submissions will be accepted.
- Absolutely no cursing or profanity allowed.
- All song submissions must be received by September 31st, 2022
Prizes & Performances
- The top three submissions will receive cash prizes
- Winning songs will be featured during the Hip Hop FinFest Concert
- Winning songs will be featured on the Hip Hop FinFest vol.2 album
- All winning students will receive a studio in a backpack equipment kit to keep making music and creative projects, 6 months of mentorship, and cash prizes
- Winning students’ teachers will receive two professional development sessions, a year’s worth of curriculum, and swag for their classrooms
Song Writing Tips
Video Performance Tools
Students can use any of their favorite video recording tools to make their song submissions. From your phone, laptop, or favorite app, we can’t wait to see what you all come up with this year.
Bringing some extra magic to the Fest, the Prezi Video tool is available for students to use to create a professional-looking song and video submission with its cool collection of images, animated GIFs, and stickers.
- To use the template you must have a Prezi account (it’s free), https://prezi.com/p/4-20bclir9c4/hip-hop-fin-fest-template/
- Use the “Make a copy” button to create your own style based on this template. Or use it as-is!
We’re all looking forward to hearing your amazing songs that bring awareness to the needs of your communities and inspire a change toward financial resilience.
Reach out with any questions to email@example.com.